The Financials Manager provides leadership and expert advice to management and to the members of his/her team as well as the overall Financial Practice. This individual serves as a billable lead to our customers. The primary focus for this billable work will be to guide implementation for the Manager’s functional area(s), as well as supporting the implementation efforts for Consultants and Analysts. The Financials Manager will work with leadership to ensure proper CynergyTM methodology is followed for implementations, as well as assist with project oversight. Managers may also assist with sales activities to include, but not limited to; attending sales calls as a Workday expert and assisting with the review of statements of work.
In addition, the Financials Manager will supervise a team of consultants at the Senior Principal Consultant level and below. The Manager is responsible for guiding the career progression of his/her team to ensure expected performance is maintained, training is provided as necessary, and that the work/life balance of the Manager’s team are monitored and adjusted appropriately.
- Lead and mentor Senior Principal Consultants and below, helping them to develop their functional and consulting skills, and work with them to support their career progression and development
- Develop, manage and retain a diverse, remote team of consultants supporting Workday’s Financial application
- Promote a team-oriented, challenging and innovative work environment designed to promote and maintain the Collaborative Solutions Culture
- Grow “lead ready” consultants, offering mentoring, constructive feedback, and support on one or more customer engagements
- Work closely with engagement managers and team members to identify project needs and develop solutions and strategies
- Ensure consultants are adhering to the activities, processes and procedures outlined in Workday’s Implementation Methodology and our CynergyTM Methodology
- Drive the practice to achieve high customer satisfaction levels
- Proactively manage team members’ and practice members’ schedules to ensure they are properly utilized, for both billable work and internal projects when not billable
- Lead large internal initiatives that touch multiple parts of the company, generally associated with team operations and/or personnel
- Lead sales efforts and business development pursuits on behalf of the practice
- Responsible for on-boarding activities for your team members
- Perform role of career counselor and coach
- Meet 1:1 with team members weekly
- Meet weekly as a team to build comradery and proactively manage issues
- Assess team member skills and ensure that skills matrix is accurate and kept up to date in Workday
- Work with Senior Managers to analyze team skills and provide for cross training to maintain the team’s ability to staff project appropriately
- Coordinate with appropriate Senior Manager/Director to obtain training allocations
- Advise management team on practice members’ level of expertise and availability
- Work directly with the Senior Manager/Director to ensure team member’s project assignments are aligned to the consultant’s career development aspirations
- Coordinate with Directors and Senior Managers to identify Partner Product Lead resources
- Establish annual goals and objectives during the bi-annual review process
- Assist with the collection of performance feedback from customer and engagement/project manager on a quarterly basis or upon completion of project
- Drive bi-annual performance review process for the team including meeting with team members to provide performance and customer satisfaction feedback
- Work with Directors and Senior Managers to provide support and guidance with performance issues related to their team members
- Work directly with the Senior Manager/Director to identify and deliver appropriate, value add, internal initiatives
- Advise team members on methods of meeting internal contribution areas
- Actively participate in recruiting and retention activities
- Assist Senior Manager/Director and Resource Manager in providing guidance to staffing projects
- Work with the Senior Manager/Director and team members to monitor staffing utilization and forecast accuracy
- Assist Director and Resource Manager in monitoring forecasting opportunities on upcoming engagements
Skills & Requirements:
- Workday Financials Core Certification, Medium Enterprise Certification, Advanced/Composite reporting certifications, 2 additional certifications.
- Experience leading design, configuration, testing, and post production support for multiple functional areas through at least 3 full lifecycle Workday Financials implementation. Including experience with data conversion, security configuration, process documentation, and leading architecting sessions for functional areas
- Ability to discuss various accounting entries/processes within Workday Financials
- Ability to walk a customer through functional and cross-functional impacts of design relating to FDM, integrations, HCM, or Payroll.
- Demonstrated mastery of CynergyTM methodology
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team from an overall project standpoint to ensure adherence to FDM, design decisions, project governance/methodology and statement of work
- Demonstrated initiative and experience leading/mentoring others
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.