The Systems QA Engineer works as part of the Software Department as part of the MHS Commissioning Team, and under the direction of the QA Testing Manager. The Systems QA Engineer is responsible for developing testing plans that verify the quality and technical performance of deliverables from the WCS Software installed on-site, the controls functionality between Fortna WCS and the material handling equipment and the overall performance of the integrated systems. This position is involved from the integration of Software on a project site up to the completion of MHS commissioning. The Systems QA Engineer not only focuses on leading project implementation activities but also contributes to developing, implementing and constantly improving testing processes and tools such as the Fortna Integrated Testing Methodology.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working as part of the multi-functional team that includes Software Development, Controls, Hardware/OS/Database Infrastructure and Software/MHE Quality Assurance Testing.
- Develop test plans for new Client projects and legacy system updates that meet established quality assurance standards.
- Preparing overall project testing plans and strategies through all phases including WCS Software Development through WCS and MHE Commissioning on site.
- Working with Fortna resources form other departments and/or Client to transition Software, Controls and MHE to further phases of testing.
- Preparing QA testing plans for patch releases. Determining which regression scripts need to be run as part of the test and in which environments the tests should be run.
- Executing testing in compliance with established methodologies and meeting the testing objectives defined in the Project Test Plan or test plan for specific project phased delivery.
- Publishing test reports and metrics after each release/test to internal project stakeholders including Technical Leads, Managers, and all other leads.
- Coordinating test plans with QA leads for in house Software Development testing and on-site Functional testing and Commissioning.
- Preparing test plans and reports for final Client acceptance in coordination with the QA Testing Manager for MHS Project Site Management and MHS Project Management at Client sites.
- Providing frequent/daily updates to Project Management regarding progress toward delivery on agreed-upon project schedules and work plans.
- Document and track all issues found during testing in issue tracking software. Communicate issues with entire team and follow up on solutions and completion.
- Coordinating small group testing activities with teams both internal and external to Fortna for on-site and in-house testing.
- Staying current with Software, Computer Infrastructure and Controls technology used in the WCS solution and on new MHE technology to allow effective and thorough testing of the integrated solution.
- Working with Automation Engineers to identify opportunities for test automation and in developing test tool specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Combination of experience in Software Quality Assurance, System Integration and Systems Engineering roles
- Experience developing test plans, leading test events, and preparing test reports
- Ability to work in a high-paced, highly dynamic environment
- Desire to pick up and learn new technical skills and strong aptitude for working with electro-mechanical systems
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Overnight travel in the range of 75% of the time both domestically and internationally
- Experience in Supply Chain Services and MHE Equipment Commissioning
- Knowledge and direct experience with agile testing methodologies
- Experience working with Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Linux admin type experience as well as experience with Unix utilities
- Previous programming experience
- Oracle/SQL experience
- Experience troubleshooting from system log files
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.