About this role…
The Software QA Automation Engineer (SDET) works within NWEA’s Product Engineering department and is responsible for the design, creation and execution of automated test cases across all stages of product development. This role will work with the Central Data team as they bring together disparate sets of data into a unified form and work on automation for both retrieval and processing.
Product Engineering projects operate under tight and critical deadlines. The Software QA Automation Engineer must be able to work efficiently and effectively within these time constraints to identify the highest risks that must be addressed for determining release readiness. Location: This is a 12-month temporary assignment located at our downtown Portland headquarters, OR this can be a remote work situation, for candidates who reside outside of the area.
Your next challenge…
- Analyze user stories and manual tests in order to create automated software tests
- Create automated software test suites for sprint-based releases on multiple and simultaneous projects
- Create and maintain data sets for tests
- Documenting and execute test cases
- Communicate progress of automated test development
- Analyze, interpret and summarize test results and metrics and communicate to appropriate teams.
- Work with a strong collaborative Scrum team
- Train, mentor and influence other staff on software automation
- Foster and maintain good relationships with Product Engineering clients to ensure processes are integrated to support expected quality
Traits for success…
- Expertise in the principles of software automation
- Strong understanding of the principles of data quality and how data quality can be analyzed/measured across systems
- 5+yrs of working with SQL queries, both creating and modifying existing queries
- Exposure to the AWS ecosystem. Strong preference given to those who have some knowledge of lambdas, Redshift, Glue or other AWS-based data transformational tools
- Experience with Hadoop is a preferred
- Experience working within a Kanban or Scrum-based development environment
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices
- Demonstrated experience creating automated tests
- Familiarity with API or Service Testing experience
- Ability to design and execute performance/load/stress tests with both web and windows client applications is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to organize time effectively, determine priorities, and move work forward
- Demonstrated ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and recommend improvements
- Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation
Education and experience
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- At least two years automating tests around data quality and data transformation in a high-quality demand scenario.
- Experience with critical data validation including accuracy of formulae and algorithms used in the processing and reporting of stored data
- Working experience in both Linux and Windows environment
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.