This role can be based at our HQ in Herndon, DC or Remote US.
We're looking for a passionate and driven Director level individual to take responsibility for our Government Contracting Industry Marketing Demand Center. With responsibility for the marketing budget and small team driving engagement for us with customers and prospects in the verticals that make up the GovCon space, this is an exciting role for someone looking to utilize their enterprise software experience and people engagement to make a difference!
The main responsibility of this leader is to develop, manage and execute comprehensive, integrated marketing campaigns to maximize revenue per marketing dollar spent.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to:
- Manage execution performance to meet specific pipeline contribution goals (measured as Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) in Demand Waterfall reports) as part of supporting Sales Play achievement for Deltek in this marketspace.
- Oversee the development of a strategic marketing plan to generate pipeline and accelerate deals—must be able to segment tactical activities by micro-vertical, persona and account priorities.
- Own a budget, drive the Marketing Mix, allocate funds across events, and conduct metric and ROI analyses on program effectiveness; monitor the business impact of activities using Demand Waterfall reports to continuously improve conversion rates as part of teaming with tele-prospecting and Field Sales enablement and collaboration.
- Mentor and develop the talent on the marketing team to ensure they have cutting edge skills to drive programs across channels. Getting staffers to see where they are on the road to becoming modern marketers is an essential skill set for this role.
- Prepare and provide sales communications to ensure that various sales team are aware of planned activities and understands how to leverage them; interface with various internal groups such as Product Management, Customer Care, Operations with respect to program creation and execution.
- Work with 3rd-party or Industry channels, online social communities, sales partners, user groups, etc. to incorporate them appropriately into the strategic marketing plan.
- Drive content strategy working with Deltek luminaries, 3rd party influencers, customer references and product marketing to ensure messaging assets available for each touch in the customer journey.
- Work collaboratively with the broader Marketing organization to ensure alignment with company messaging, to leverage marketing resources and conform to business processes.
To be successful in this role, we’d love for you to have the following:
- Minimum 7-10 years marketing experience with at least 2 years in Software/Technology marketing; field or channel marketing background helpful
- Extensive Enterprise Software and/or Industry focus and experience would be ideal
- Experience managing/leading teams (direct and/or virtual)
- Must have solid understanding of market segmentation; strategy, planning and execution of marketing activities
- Ability to rapidly learn, internalize and leverage product/campaign information is essential
- Very strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills; must be able to prepare presentations and be comfortable speaking to groups; must be comfortable dealing with sales/executive management; must be able to massage content to suite specific and targeting programs, customers, and industries
- Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn a variety of business application systems
- Role requires close coordination with virtual teams
- This is a management level position, leading a small team, reporting directly to the CMO
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
**No agency CVs will be considered**
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.