About the Role:
Here at Imperfect, we are all about groceries on a mission. Since 2015, our services have saved over 40M lbs of food, 1.2B gallons of water, and 110M lbs CO2, while donating 3M lbs of food along the way. Our software engineering team builds the eCommerce platform and internal tooling that makes this all possible. The team partners closely with product management to develop features, solutions, and systems that enhance and transform the user experience. Engineers don’t just build widgets -- we participate in the full lifecycle of a feature, from conception to release. We’re a remote-first team, with members located throughout the US. This role will report to the Head of Engineering.
We have exciting growth ahead of us as we evolve from only produce to a full-service grocery, as well as expand our footprint to serve an even greater portion of the country. We are swimming in interesting problems around customer-facing features, scale, and logistics. To help, we’re looking for talented backend software engineers with experience in NodeJS.
If preventing food waste, owning the full product engineering lifecycle, and working daily with a bunch of pleasant people excites you, come join us!
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Prototype quickly to test out new ideas and experiments
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing maintainable code)
- Actively contribute to team and company standards
- Ensure the reliability of systems essential to Imperfect customers and internal users
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology developments in your area(s) of expertise
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong NodeJS development skills
- 1+ years of professionally building production-grade, large-scale web software
- Understanding of database schema design, caching and scalability.
- Expereince with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure and services
- Understanding of distributed, service-oriented systems communicating with RESTful API interfaces.
- Bonus: experience with event sourcing, CQRS and asynchronous communication using queues
- Bonus: interest and skill in working in server-side F#
- Bonus: interest and skill in working with client-side React
- A sincere commitment to crafting maintainable, dependable code
- A pragmatic, customer-centric approach to problem-solving
- Passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time exempt position
- Candidate can be remotely located within US time zones
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Walking, climbing stairs, and standing are required occasionally
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.