Do you have experience developing strategies and managing the tactical execution of successful B2B social media programs? Can you monitor, listen and respond to communities, create compelling content, while cultivating leads and helping direct spend to the most effective areas? We’re a rapidly growing, award-winning company with opportunities to showcase your talents and where your contributions make a direct impact. If this sounds like your next upward career step, we’d love to chat with you about our new Social Media Manager position.
As a social media maven, you will guide the ideation of content and be responsible for execution, strategy, delivery, and optimization of organic content across our growing community of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other followers. You will also work closely with our digital demand gen team and provide input and optimization suggestions around corporate paid social media efforts.
This role will report to Sonatype’s Director of Communications, and work with the company’s Director of Digital and Director of Design to amplify messages about Sonatype's products, initiatives, people, culture and values. The ideal candidate will join our rapidly growing marketing team in McLean, VA (Tysons Corner) and will work from home on Monday's and Friday's. Please note we are not offering relocation for this position.
- Oversee, develop and execute strategies for all organic social media content that embodies Sonatype’s personality, thought leadership and technical expertise across channels.
- Collaborate with design to plan appropriate content around campaigns including developing visually compelling graphics, photography or videos.
- Act as a brand story-teller, edit and curate the brand voice across all channels - creatively adapt per medium.
- Implement, evaluate and continuously optimize the current organic strategy with the objective of growing each channel, inserting Sonatype into ongoing conversations and sparking new ones.
- Explore and evaluate new social trends and provide recommended actions; own and optimize social media management tools including making recommendations for new tools and technologies that will help mature our social presence.
- Create a metrics platform and report on adoption and engagement; produce reports and analysis of social activity that results in proactive recommendations for optimizing content across digital platforms.
- 3-5 years in social media management, with experience managing organic and paid corporate social media channels, at an agency or in-house working directly on social media marketing as a community manager, copywriter, or strategist.
- Experience with B2B technology brands and/or a startup environment is ideal, but not mandatory. However, candidates must possess an interest in learning about software development, cybersecurity, and technology.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing successful multi-platform content and social programs including community development, management and content.
- Strong organization and project management skills; ability to work collaboratively, independently, and on a variety of projects at the same time.
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to work effectively with geographically-distributed, cross-functional teams in a constantly evolving industry.
- Experience with HubSpot, Sprout, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics a plus, but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment with team members at all levels.
- Resourceful and proactive, with strong organizational/project management skills and a keen attention to detail.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits including a stock option plan
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- Our Engineering Teams work 100% remote from home-based offices
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.