Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Publication date: Nov 6th
Job type: Full Time
Category: Software DevView all Happy Money jobs
ABOUT THE ROLE
WE ARE OPEN TO 100% REMOTE CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION.
- Design and write software to automate all things (even our one-offs are automated)
- Become proficient in understanding how each software component, system design, and configuration is linked together to form an end-to-end solution
- Align engineering development requirements with the capabilities of the infrastructure
- Anticipate future infrastructure needs and offer solutions
- Participate in the design, implementation and ongoing management for both software development and infrastructure operations
- Solve infrastructure and development issues ranging from simple configuration changes to complex multi-variable performance problems
- Drive requirements for cross-department automation and tooling
- Serve in an on-call team and as an escalation contact for service trouble incidents
- Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization
- Offer assistance in scaling and optimizing build and continuous integration systems
- Enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including deployment and support
- Maximize software agility, maintainability, and extensibility
- Minimize the cost of change, feedback time, and time to recover from problems
- 7+ years experience of Linux administration, configuration, and in-depth troubleshooting (Unix/Linux RHEL/CentOS or Ubuntu)
- 5+ years administering mission-critical and large-scale, Internet-facing web applications
- 2+ years with AWS, Azure, Google Compute, or similar “cloud” IaaS provider
- 5+ years of system monitoring using (Nagios, Splunk, NewRelic, Sensu, etc.)
- 3+ years of cluster administration (PostgreSQL,MySQL,Kafka/Spark/Hadoop/Mongo)
- 3+ years of experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, or similar automation framework
- Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, or Perl and Bourne/Bash shell script
- Experience with Agile, Lean, and/or test-driven Software development environments
- Proven ability to scale Internet applications and systems horizontally
- Experience with and daily use of SCMs, particularly Git
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- HandsOn Experience with networking for a cloud-based Internet application (load balancing, reverse proxies, DNS, CDN’s, firewalls, security applications)
- Have a great attitude and be ready to hustle
BONUS POINTS FOR
- 2+ years writing recipes with Chef and/or test-kitchen integration tests
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration servers, such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experienced with Information Security compliance, including SOC-2 or PCI compliance preparation
- Experience with financial systems or Loan Origination Systems
- Hands-on experience with Apache Kafka, Spark and/or Hadoop Stack
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL DB variants, i.e. PostGres, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra
WHY WE'RE AWESOME
- Rich employee medical benefits offering—most paid 100% by Happy Money!
- Unlimited vacation policy!
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, teas—whatever you’re into, we’ve got it!
- Weekly Happy Money Hour—we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Immigration sponsorship for qualified candidates
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.