Manage an Embedded Software QA development team to lead and deliver modular, quality oriented, and extensible SW infrastructure. It involves managing resources effectively to deliver commitment on schedule. Cultivate a high performing team and constantly raise the bar. Ability to attract, groom and retain top talent is a must.
Closely collaborate with peer development and QA teams, architecture, customer support and product line management. As a key member of the Engineering management staff, contribute to the vision and strategy of continuous integration, improved development processes, quality and productivity improvements.
Ideal candidates will have:
- 10-15 years (or more) of overall relevant industry experience and a track record of shipping core-networking products for the enterprise and service provider markets.
- At least 5 years of experience as a first/second-line manager leading the development of embedded IP networking software.
- Direct experience with architecting, designing and developing complex system/infrastructure software for chassis based embedded IP networking systems on Linux OS.
- Deep understanding of full product life cycle, software development methods (both Agile and Waterfall), and development and build environments.
- Ability to undertake loosely defined goals or complex problems to create order, and drive closure.
- Ability to organize, delegate, and effectively deliver to large and complex programs.
- Ability to drive multi-geo projects by working effectively with remote teams.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, with a bias towards action and results.
- Manage major software release deliveries as a release manager.
- Conflict resolution skills including ability to bridge style difference.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, listening, and written communication skills, both within the team and across the organization.
- Ability to mentor/coach/teach/facilitate and lead change in a highly technical/dynamic team.
- Experience in L2/L3 protocols is a desired skill.
- BS in CS or EE, MS strongly preferred.
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.