Sales Engineer Executive
Publication date: Dec 17th
Job type: Full Time
Category: Marketing-SalesView all Zebra Technologies jobs
Working with Account or Channel Management, owns development and execution of technology strategy. Designs solutions that meet customer needs and beat competition. Develops strong relationships with sales team, internal engineering, and key technical customer contacts and leverages to Zebra's advantage; creates and delivers high impact solution presentations. Engineering degree or equivalent experience preferred. Higher level technical skills than typical sales criteria. Develops and executes technology strategies with minimal input from manager for a higher level of financial responsibility; promotes solutions encompassing a wide range of products or services and technologies; As required, leverages relationships with other business units and/or external partners to deliver solution; Develops strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers; Leads technical presentations on Zebra products and services and the use these technologies in the customer business environment. Generally reserved for top 10% most senior pre-sales technical talent with greatest responsibilities; provides leadership in defining technology strategies for a Zebra strategic account or large customer set, participates in overall business planning for assigned accounts; anticipates customer needs and works to define innovative solutions; develops strong relationships with corporate-level executives and industry influencers; leads creation of innovative solutions for others to sell.
This is a remote opportunity with ~ 50% travel to be expected.
- Technical Skills - Helps develop Zebra technical solutions; expert in some areas
- Knowledge of Zebra - Helps create Business/Industry products/services strategy, often crossing multiple businesses
- Sales Skills - Leads teams in development of advanced solution selling concepts and partnership creation; proven sales success only
- Managerial Skills - Full knowledge of all relevant business policies and practices; strong ability to energize and lead others
- Business Acumen - Conducts root cause analysis and improves long term profitability in a variety of situations; a S.W.O.T. expert; anticipates future customer needs
- Market/customer Knowledge - Applies both strategic and tactical understanding of markets to ensure Zebra wins in the marketplace
- Solution Complexity/Strategic Thinking
- Nature of Problems Solved - Solves complex problems which may require unique solutions which are used across geographies, industries, etc.
- Role in Addressing Problems - Leads problem resolution, identifies appropriate resources, mitigates future risk
- Complexity of Solutions - Typically high complexity; many with little precedent and often crosses international borders
- Freedom to Act
- Level of Guidance - Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.; operates with broad autonomy to make decisions that impact sales effectiveness and will help meet or hinder a business in meeting objectives
- Takes Direction From - Business Unit General Management
- Customer Interface
- Role - Leads formal teams or manages sales personnel
- Level of Customer Contact - Highest level of decision makers on largest and most complex systems
- Main Level of Interaction - Defines project customer interface and assists teams on largest deals
- Required Knowledge of Customer - Industry direction and customer strategic business plan for future
- Business and Financial Impact - Manages sales and support resources directly or indirectly; responsible for revenue, margins and departmental expenses
- Relative Size and Scope - Sustained very high quota and results over multiple years for the business; individual or team managed has a large impact on a Business unit
- Types of Projects - Large complex deals or very large volume of moderate deals
- Strategic Impact for Zebra - High in near and mid-term
- Bachelors or equivalent experience; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) common
- 8+ years of applicable work experience
- Helps develop Zebra technical solutions; expert in some areas
- Leads teams in development of advanced solution selling concepts and partnership creation; proven sales success only
- Full knowledge of all relevant business policies and practices; strong ability to energize and lead others
Refer a Friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share with your network
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to Connect with us!
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The EEO is the Law poster is available here https //www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/eeoisthelawposter.pdf . The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here https //www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra/compliance/ginasupplement.pdf .
Zebra is a federal contractor and is committed to an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a result, all U.S. based employees are subject to the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy and Procedure.
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.