The Manager, Project Engineering will be responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of the engineering field as it relates to material handling systems, equipment, processes, and facilities, in order to lead and support multiple project efforts for Fortna’s Clients. This position will also devise new approaches to problems and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing, mentoring, coaching, and directing Application Engineers during the project transition from Ops Design through to Solution Development
- Facilitating and supporting Application Engineers while engaged in Solution Development efforts.
- Leading and supporting Application Engineers for multiple projects through the Integrated Detail Design. This will include RFP/Supplier Selection, detailed mechanical design, preparing POR’s for MHE and S&S equipment, development of installation drawing packages, and support of installation contractor, Project Manager, and Site Manager with installation efforts.
- Facilitating and supporting Application Engineers during project meetings as required by project cadence
- Facilitating and supporting Application Engineers to update project team on the current status of project
- Facilitating and supporting Application Engineers maintaining and tracking project budgets, providing PM and management team with insight to past and visibility of possible budget variances during the Implementation phase.
- Attending Client meetings as required.
- Facilitating and supporting PFSD development.
- Provide support and direction with Description of Operations (DOO).
- Facilitating and supporting Application Engineers for conducting site visits to determine and validate field dimensions.
- Following and providing input for improvement of Drawing Quality Control (DQC) process.
- Supporting development of lessons learned document.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading generation and enhancement of department standard documentation and procedures to improve the quality and efficiency of the Engineering Group.
- Utilizing AutoCAD, DCconceptor, and DCdesigner for drawings.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment
- Using current design practices for material handling systems.
- Maintaining good design notes.
- Attending and/or performing company training as required.
- Being reliable; providing timely responses and consistent follow-up.
- 4 year engineering degree from an accredited college with 10 years of relevant experience, or 2 year degree from an accredited college with 15 years of relevant experience, or high school diploma with 20 years of relevant experience
- 7 years consulting, operations and/or distribution experience in supply chain logistics desired
- 3+ years managing direct reports
- Knowledge of and ability to work with and manage multiple suppliers
- Strong management and advanced collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal communication)
- Extensive experience working with MS Project and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in standard design of relevant material handling equipment
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD with at least 5 years practical experience; proficiency in AutoCAD 3D desired
- Flexible and approachable with the ability to self motivate
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel 25% nationally and internationally
- Project management experience a plus
- Home Office with travel to clients
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.