Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 17 languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Lead DevOps Engineer at Cloudbeds, your goal is to constantly improve and scale our SaaS platform to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. You will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, and automation of services’ cloud infrastructure and pipelines, while enabling and collaborating with product teams to efficiently deliver high-quality projects. You will have endless opportunities for architecture design and implementation within AWS cloud infrastructure in a largely bottom-up and healthy debate team culture. As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will help us in delivering the highest quality full-stack management solution for hotels, B&B’s, hostels, and vacation rentals all over the world.
Location: US East Coast (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Architect and administer Cloudbeds infrastructure in AWS.
- Automate the platform with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management.
- Drive successful product and engineering projects to production.
- Support software development processes via CI/CD pipelines.
- Evolve system security, reliability, scalability, performance, and quality.
- Participate in on-call rotation and incident response.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience as a linux Systems Engineer.
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in AWS.
- Experience with AWS IAM, EC2, ASGs, RDS, S3, Elasticache, Lambda, and EKS.
- Experience with Docker methodologies and delivery.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code methodologies such as Terraform.
- Experience with configuration management such as Ansible.
- Experience with pipeline automation frameworks such as Jenkins and Spinnaker.
- Experience with web application servers (NGiNX, Apache), databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Aurora), cache technologies (Redis, Memcached), and queue technologies (SQS, beanstalkd).
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting technologies (Grafana, InfluxDB, Graphite, Cloudwatch, Elasticsearch, Kibana, New Relic, Pagerduty).
- Experience with resource, security, and cost management strategies in AWS.
- Experience supporting production web applications on the scale of hundreds to thousands of servers.
- Exceptional skills in linux system administration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience implementing and scaling Kubernetes platforms.
- Experience implementing blue/green and canary deployments.
- Experience with immutable AMIs/containers and deploys.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team with Jira.
- Experience working in a PCI compliant environment.
- Experience creating auto-remediation workflows such as with Stackstorm.
- Experience with PHP or Perl applications.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an unlimited PTO policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. To make it easy for our team to travel we offer 2 corporate apartment accommodations near our San Diego and Sao Paulo offices. At Cloudbeds we dedicated to your personal and professional development. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your unique individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.