Vir Biotechnology (Vir), a San Francisco based company focused on infectious disease, is looking for a hands-on IT Senior System Engineer. Reporting to the Director, IT, this position will be a technical, individual contributor role with good knowledge and experience in the area of the implementation, configuration, maintenance and auditing of IT-related applications and infrastructure. The IT Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the stability, integrity, and performance of all infrastructure environments. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure and cloud services experience, excellent vendor management skills, and have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations.
- Manage multi-site on-premise back-end infrastructure including storage, virtualization (VMware, VSphere, Horizon View), and networking hardware. Coordinate the IT infrastructure purchasing and installation for new sites.
- Manage Active Directory and Okta federated infrastructure.
- Maintain and enhance backup of on-premise and cloud-based systems and applications.
- Collaborate with network team on the selection, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network infrastructure.
- Maintain and enhance endpoint management systems including device management (Airwatch MDM), security, and group policies.
- Maintain and enhance corporate telecommunications strategies, including unified communications platforms, and their components.
- Maintain and manage corporate IT applications like Office 365, SharePoint, Box, and Slack. & sharepoint
- Support implementation of controls and reports for compliance, e.g., SOX.
- Create and maintain documentation for infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate in the creation of IT standards for systems and security.
- Collaborate with facilities and helpdesk in the setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Zoom rooms and AV setups (displays, microphones, video conferencing)
- Research, recommend, and implement strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase security, scalability, and employee productivity by studying organization objectives and needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in macOS/Windows Desktop systems administration and tools for remote administration, configuration, and patching of endpoints (group policies, JAMF, Airwatch)
- 5 years in developing and systems administration of core infrastructure computing services (Domain Controllers, DNS, virtualization (VMware), storage, backup/recovery, data security, data replication, and monitoring
- Experience with identity and directory design and administration (Active Directory and Okta)
- Strong understanding of networks and network security and a deep understanding of various networking technologies (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, VPN, network and routing protocols and their related traffic patterns)
- Experience in operating in a global, multi-site environment, including setting up IT infrastructure for new sites
- Knowledge of GxP, quality systems, and regulatory standards requirements for the biopharma industry
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and methods
- Experience working in a fast-moving, startup environment
- Ability to understand and adhere to operational standards, policies, and procedures
- Excellent planning, organization, and communication skills
- Certification is a plus: ITIL or similar, CompTIA Security+ or equivalent, MCITP, others as relevant.
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.