Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
What you will be doing
Under moderate supervision of the Inside Sales Manager the Inside Sales Representative is responsible for placing proactive outbound calls to established customers and potential prospects. Inside Sales Representatives develop maintain and implement long-term business partnerships with their assigned customers in the independent retail chain institutional or alternate care business segments within a specific geographic area or by customer type. This includes; following up on customers who have shown an interest in doing business with the Company providing and following up on quotes directing service issues to the proper channels and understanding the customers’ specialty areas in order to provide value. The inside sales team will promote targeted programs and solutions in order to expand and retain existing business resulting in increased profitable revenues and are responsible for coordinating and supporting sales activities on shared accounts with the Outside Sales team.
- Initiate proactive calls to established customers in order to grow sales revenue develop customer loyalty increase generic sales and foster utilization of the company’s programs and service.
- Conduct pre-call research and planning to set goals for the call and to anticipate customer needs.
- Initiate and conduct proactive call campaigns designed to recruit customers who have shown an interest in doing business with the Company.
- Generate professional quotes and inquires on all quotes for which orders were not placed to use reasons to develop competitive information by market segment. Schedule follow up inquires.
- Monitors generic compliance and issue coverage of existing customers
- Generate and analyze reports to identify customer trends in order to either take advantage of the trend or minimize the impact of the trend.
- Access inventory systems to assist customer with availability information
- Set up value added sales meetings and schedule prospecting appointments for Account Managers and Business Development Managers.
- Participates in department meetings
- Enter and maintain integrity of data in company’s CRM software programs.
- Support the Inside Sales Manager and perform related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year associate's degree program technical vocational training or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with both customers and other ABC associates
- Excellent oral communication skills to present information and solutions in a professional manner
- Good analytical skills sufficient to prepare quotes analyze data and to identify and resolve customer problems
- Good mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills to proficiently use a windows based system and to accurately input data and run reports
- May require “expertise” for certain customer requirement e.g. language requirements business type etc.
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
United States-New York-BuffaloThis is a remote position.
Global Sourcing and Manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.