At Support.com we believe life is better when technology does what it’s supposed to do. We want to make that happen for everyone by enabling dramatically better support for a connected world. Our offerings change the way technology support is built into products, managed and delivered. Consider working with us on our full-service support environment (get.support.com) and the backend at Support.com Cloud, our next-generation SaaS solution for technical support, delivering on these core values:
- Reducing customer effort through advanced tools embeddable in mobile and web apps. We embed in customer's support sites as well as our own full-service support offering.
- Optimizing the interaction of support agents with customers via intelligent, contextual guidance; data-driven, step-by-step solutions; and modern visual remote tools
- Providing actionable insights into support practices and real-world product performance through support interaction analytics and data from external systems
- Building technology when it's within our core differentiation, or integrate other software when outside that mission
Join us as a Full-Stack Application Developer building and supporting world-class support software and be part of its success in the market place.
Why work with us
- Use a cutting edge cloud technology stack built on React, AngularJS, Node.js, Redis, Linux, PostgreSQL, and AWS.
- We love collaborative, agile software development and iterative design. We form tight scrum teams with PM and UX which build rapid prototypes and release frequently.
- We encourage learning and integration of new technologies. If you're passionate about technology, we'd love to hear your story.
- Support.com is a public company, with mature products established in the marketplace and continued innovation in support technology software.
- We're a small team in a larger public company that builds next-generation support technology. There are many opportunities to learn and grow that you may not find in local giant dev shops.
What you will be doing
- Design and develop features for our SaaS product
- Design and develop integrations with complementary third-party systems
- Maintain and enhance existing applications and systems
- Design and implement unit and functional testing
- Perform design and code reviews
- Share knowledge and learning with the team and contribute to system architecture design decisions
- Improve the scalability and security of the system
- Interface with QA, UX/product design, and DevOps teams
What you need for the job
- 5+ years of experience as a web developer; but, really, we are open to any developer that has the technical prowess
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals, object-oriented design and web technologies
- Experience with React for building Single Page Apps
- Experience architecting and consuming APIs
- Substantial knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL), including the use of SQL
- Experience with Redis
- Strong appreciation for data collection and analytics
- Extensive testing experience, both at the unit level and system level
- B.S. in Computer Science, or other related Science/Engineering field
Bonus points for these!
- Client-side frameworks: AngularJS, React, Backbone, Ember, or similar
- Websockets: sockjs, socket.io, or similar
- Rich Snippets, schema.org and JSON-LD experience
- Nginx configuration and administration
- Testing: mocha, karma, mockery, nodequnit, httpMock, or similar
- DevOps: Jenkins, OpenStack, SaltStack, AWS
- Have worked on C++ multithreaded applications
- Flexible work environment – e.g., weekly work from home days if local!
- Remote friendly – half of our team is remote. Remote members come to Sunnyvale a few times each year.
- Competitive benefits and compensation!
- Fun atmosphere!
- Ability to work with exceptionally creative and talented people!
Support.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.