Director, Commercial Operations, Softgels (REMOTE)
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Publication date: Nov 27th
Job type: Full Time
Category: Marketing-SalesView all Thermo Fisher Scientific jobs
Title: Director, Commercial Operations, Softgels
Requisition ID: R-00896698
Division: Pharma Services Group | Softgels Business Unit
Location: US REMOTE or UNITED KINGDOM (UK)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
- Responsible for working with the Business Development Executives, with Multi-sites Business Management & Project Management Leadership and the Softgel Business Unit (BU) to achieve revenue targets. With the BU Leadership Team, sets the strategic commercial direction for the BU and translates that strategy into action for the Business Management, Sales and Marketing organizations as well as for the Innovation & Development platform of the Business Unit.
- Leads the Business Management functions and Technical Transfer Project Management functions that act as the customer facing group within the BU and partners with Sales, Marketing, Research & Development and other Business Units to maintain productive relationships with all our customers.
- Responsible for client/customer management, pricing, setting revenue targets, forecasting future revenue & sales growth, and owns each of the business processes or systems required to execute on their responsibilities. Strategic collaboration and direction for evaluating development opportunities, innovation initiatives and sales strategy.
- Partner with the Head of Softgel BU to optimize the Softgel network Co-lead the cost-price setting with BM, Sales, Site GM’s, Finance.
- Partner with BU leaders to define Softgels product and market strategy to enable sustained growth and achievement of BU STRAP
- Partner with supply chain leaders at sites to define BU Level S&OP process and support the development of site production schedule to meet annual BU revenue plan.
- Work with Finance to implement a sustainable and effective revenue forecasting process that is integrated with the BU S&OP process
- Establish BM metrics, processes and governance at the BU level
- Ensure effective decision making and communication with respect to customer, regional and global Softgel projects
- Set up a ‘project forecast database’ and integrate into S&OP, program management, and monthly financial planning processes.
- Partner with Global R&D lead on Product Leadership strategy for Softgels including the New Product Concept Process to identify product candidates and evaluate opportunities / ideas generated in the Innovation & Development platform for the Softgel BU
- Contribute to organizational business, budget planning process, scientific investments and strategic planning of the business unit
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to identify opportunities for business & developmental improvements
- Accountable for collaboration with supply chain to build 12-month BU Revenue Forecast
- Lead all sites Business Management Leadership to achieve annual “Existing Business” sales targets. Negotiate large commercial opportunities or coach Sr. Business Managers during negotiations
- Provide leadership and direction to Project Management functions
- Work closely with the Head of Softgel BU to identify and prioritize commercial opportunities and drive desired results.
- Collaboration and alignment on the Innovation & Development platform for the Softgel BU as well as for managing & reviewing all Softgel related IP in cooperation with the Patent Group.
- Partner with program leaders to establish and maintain standard Project Governance model with our customers. This governance model includes roles and responsibilities, team structures, steering committees, and protocols for escalation.
- Work with experienced SMEs within Softgels and outside Softgels to support client needs and develop a structured process to systematically monitor project performance, proactively identify opportunities and challenges and ways to address them. This should be integrated with VOC and any other customer facing processes across the PSG BU’s.
- Sets direction for all BM & PM, Sales & marketing activities for the Softgel BU globally, having a significant impact on the organization and the results of the entire Business Unit.
- Alignment of processes and procedures in above areas across all sites of the Softgel
- Collaborative Business Unit leadership of all client facing activity (ie. BM, PM, Quotes, Sales, legal and Science & Innovation)
- Responsible for client consistency, escalation and success of all sites within their scope.
- Leader of Global multi-sites BM & PM leadership teams.
- This position establishes strategy and direction within the BU for BM, TTPM, as well as the sales & marketing efforts in line with the overall strategy for the BU.
- Master’s Degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of Pharmaceutical/Food/Chemical experience. Including experience in a commercial role (sales preferred) and/or leading program management role with demonstrated and sizeable business impact
- Demonstrated negotiation skills in closing significant and complicated commercial agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, positive, productive relationships and influence senior leaders in a variety of cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage complex issues, dig into details, quickly get to the essence, and bring people together to resolve them
- Demonstrated ability of holding people accountable; sets high performance bar and holds others accountable for their commitments, celebrates success and motivates others to do their best
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement processes and systems in a dynamic environment.
- Strong financial (P&L) and analytical acumen; demonstrated track record of sound judgment and good decision making
- Strong leadership skills and talent management mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in English
- Demonstrated entrepreneurship mindset, accountability, agility, overcoming obstacles and focus on action and implementation
- Travel expectations around 50-60% (US and Global)
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.