Flexion is seeking DevOps Engineers to join our Flexion team to support a large Insurance company. The work for this position can be done remotely.
Work in this role will include migrating current sites/applications to the cloud, building patterns for others to use with Jenkins or other App Pipeline orchestration tools and helping to modernize the current DevOps stack to improve time to market of key information.
In this role you must possess excellent problem-solving skills and deep technical knowledge with a strong aptitude for appreciating the focus, scope, and impact of your work in a much wider and forward-looking software landscape. You should also be able to demonstrate a history of technical leadership, excellent communication, and a positive attitude.
- AWS, experience in some of the following is needed: RDS, EC2, Dynamo, S3, Redshift, VPC, Scaling Groups, Load Balancers, Route53, KMS, CloudFormation, ECS
- Expertise in DevOps tooling & automation tools
- Experience establishing Jenkins or other app pipeline tools for multiple teams
- Experience building and operating CI / CD tools
- Development and shell scripting experience
- Fluency with agile methods
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience, with at least three years in a DevOps capacity
- Strong communication skills, both vertically and laterally
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Speak openly and honestly about problems and proposed solutions
- Apply an attitude of servant leadership in a technical leadership role
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate in small groups online about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.