Database Administrator (MySQL)
Publication date: Nov 25th
Job type: Full Time
Category: Software Dev
Location: USView all Billtrust jobs
Billtrust is seeking a passionate Database Administrator to join our dynamic DBA team that manages a 250+ terabyte database environment hosted on our private and public cloud platforms (AWS + Azure). You will play a key role in managing and improving the availability, reliability and scalability of our enterprise database systems that include a mix of SQL (MySQL/SQL Server/Snowflake) and NoSQL (MongoDB/Dynamo/Elastic) technologies. Open to fully remote / work from home within the United States.
- Be the database go-to person for our multi-terabyte MySQL production and non-production environments
- Setup and configure MySQL instances, databases and replication for optimum performance (on-premise and AWS RDS)
- Propose and implement improvements to our high availability, disaster recovery and backup/recovery solutions
- Leverage tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Rundeck & Bash scripting to automate database provisioning and deployments
- Review database DDL / DML changes and support product related release deployments across environments
- Enhance monitoring solutions to pro-actively capture, analyze and resolve database related issues
- Collaborate with development teams on index design, SQL query tuning and evangelizing best practices
- Partner with Systems / DevOps teams on database infrastructure setups and upgrades
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide off-hours production support
- 5+ years of experience in the hands-on production support, monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning of large scale MySQL databases in mission critical environments
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, indexing strategies and SQL query tuning techniques
- Strong understanding of database high availability (HA), disaster recovery (DR) and data replication strategies
- Strong believer in automation with experience automating database related operational tasks via custom scripting / tools
- Proven ability to plan, perform and verify database changes in production and non-production environments
- Knack for pro-actively identifying, resolving and following up on database related issues
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with peers / employees from other departments in the organization
- Experience with MongoDB, SQL Server, Snowflake, Dynamo and/or Elastic nice-to-have
- Experience with Agile Scrum / Kanban nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), online payments, software or product-centric business a plus
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive salary, stock options and 401(k) with company match : We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits : We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including free and low cost options.
- Open PTO : Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- A Lively Culture: Ping-pong, bean bag toss, hackathons- we enjoy friendly competition.
- Casual Dress : Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Billtrust: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.