👉 Subscribe to find your next opportunity by joining +5,000 remote workers and get 140 offers per week 🌎

Content Marketing Manager
Memory Labs
Publication date: Nov 16th
Job type: Full Time
Category: Marketing-Sales
View all Memory Labs jobs

Memory Labs Inc. is a Toronto-based direct-to-consumer start-up. Our mission is to help Canadian families preserve and share their visual history. We do this by taking a family’s collection of prints, slides, negatives, and videotapes, and using museum-quality digitization techniques to create the best possible digital copy. We then add a layer of enhancements such as dust removal and colour correction. With this, Memory Labs allows customers to keep their videos and photos safe, preserve them for future generations, and share them in the present.

As the first member of our sure-to-grow marketing team, you will report to the CEO and play a pivotal role in creating diverse forms of content to educate, entertain and engage with our current and potential customers. Your audience will primarily be Canadian Generation X women who have taken on the role of “Chief Memory Officer” within their families. You will create and edit blog posts, FAQs, guest editorials, videos, social media posts and do anything else you can think of that will help connect people to our message and our business.

Primary Responsibilities

  • Help customers understand and see value in our service through diverse online channels
  • Strategize, schedule and create SEO-friendly content for blog posts, FAQs, newsletters, videos, etc.
  • Strategize, schedule, and create social media content for channels including Instagram, and any others that make sense for our customer persona
  • Day-to-day social media management (posting, engaging with the community, responding to customer, etc.)
  • Analyze site and social engagement to understand and improve your approach

Secondary Responsibilities

  • Oversee SEO efforts in conjunction with our outside SEO partner
  • Work with our Media/Influencer Relations and Growth agencies
  • Work with our external web and creative partner on web design and content

Qualifications

  • 2 - 4 years of content or social media marketing experience, preferably for a consumer-oriented company
  • Able to produce content that engages and informs with humour and warmth
  • An understanding of pop culture and social media trends that appeal to Gen X women
  • Is friendly and enthusiastic
  • Is professional, tactful, and responsible
  • Outstanding attention to detail
  • Is highly organized
  • Has the ability to tackle the multiple responsibilities of a new and developing role

Assets

  • Experience working with content and social media management and measurement tools
  • A passion for photography, videography, or cultural heritage

Hours and Remuneration

This role is a full-time position (40hrs/week), with a starting salary of $65,000. 20% of your time will be at our store/office in the Shops At Don Mills. The other 80% can either be in-office or remote work.

Diversity and Equity

Memory Labs is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of Toronto and our Canadian customers. We encourage applications from candidates from racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Memory Labs.

Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.