Our client is the trusted resource for the information, products, and services that small business owners need to run and grow their businesses. Our client's network also includes a service that connects educated buyers with select sellers at the time they are ready to make important business purchases, as well as a news and information resource to help entrepreneurs build their businesses and make smart decisions about products, services and ideas.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer, developing web applications with an emphasis on user experiences (UX) using HTML/JS/CSS and presentation layer API endpoints. You will work closely with our other developers, QA, and product management in an Agile framework. You will also have the opportunity to work with Python, Java and a variety of AWS services. This position requires a broad knowledge of computer science and software engineering as well as diverse development principles.
Back-end Software Engineer
- Develops user-centric client applications and supporting RESTful backend services
- Participate in our CI/CD development environment using Agile to develop, unit test, and deploy
- Authors and maintains technical designs
- Performs other duties as required
- 3+ years of experience developing web applications
- 1+ years of experience developing web applications using Java, node.js, or other full-stack environment
- 1+ years of experience with the AWS eco-system and its services
- Experience with web development best practices for Responsive Web Design
- Good CSS knowledge and familiarity using tools like SMACSS, SASS, or react-emotions
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Python and/or Java experience a plus
- RESTful API and API Gateway experience
- AWS Lambda, S3, RDS, Cloudfront, etc.
- CI/CD experience using Jenkins, webpack, AWS
- 125k salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k with match
- Health, dental, vision, etc
- Work from home days, possible full remote
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.