Play Sports Network - the technology company behind Global Cycle Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network - is hiring a senior developer with back end - or full stack - interests.
We're releasing exciting new apps this summer - social media for cyclists - anticipated to be adopted by millions globally. Our aim is to entertain, educate, inform and inspire.
We offer progression for a practiced developer, joining a newly-formed team to build out the tech behind our apps. We're building with scale in mind, using Node.js, Python and serverless methodologies. It's a near greenfield situation where you can work across multiple projects and teams. You'll get to use the most modern practices and the latest components from open source and commercial providers.
You'll be given time to do the right thing, in the right way, supported within the right culture. We dedicate time to innovation. We'll encourage you to take regular learning days, and you can attend or talk at conferences and meetups, and to contribute relevant upstream to projects, if you wish.
Optionally, you may also help us around technology exploration, tooling, app architecture, coding standards, mentoring and integration with our wider stack - just let us know what new skills you wish to grow. We'll likely be exploring Go and Rust, and we will welcome your input.
We're always open to new things and you can influence where we go and how we get there. At all times you'll have a voice and a lot of freedom in design, technology choice and influence over the roadmap.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Recommendation engine
- Search engine
- Video streaming, video on demand
- Real time data pipelines
- Productionising capabilities from machine learning team
- Data warehouse, data analytics
- < your idea here >
We're looking for (or a subset of this, for a non-senior role)
- Someone adept at building well-implemented web applications
- Openness to exploring new tech and better ways of working
- Depth of ability with Node.js and/or Python, and positive about using other languages
- Familiarity with web services, building APIs, SQL and, optionally, cloud or microservices
- Someone who works inclusively, helps others and shares knowledge
- Solid understanding of computer science, gained from industry or study
- Considering senior or lead back end or full stack jobs in Bath - or commutable from Bristol - such as: Node.js Developer | Go Developer | Python Developer | Back EndDeveloper | Cloud Platform Developer | Software Engineer | Lead Developer etc.
You may optionally bring - or like to gain - skills exploring any of
Back ends for social media | big data, NoSQL | data warehouse | serverless architectures | real time data feeds | video streaming | optimising with Go | machine learning
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Node.js | ES6, React, JS | Python | Google Cloud Platform | Cloud Functions | Kubernetes | Docker | CircleCI | BitBucket | Jira | MongoDB | GraphQL | Elastic Search
Salary and benefits
- £60,000 - £75,000+ joining salary - we're keeping an open mind
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Ongoing professional development e.g. time out for conferences, support for training/certifications
- Flexible and family-friendly working practices - including partially remote working - tell us what you need | recently refurbished city centre office | MacBook Pro and dual monitors | generous holidays | company pension scheme | good coffee machine | bike parking | really good showers | free fruit and jelly sweets | relaxed office environment
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.