Working from a home office, the Account Executive will be responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers (i.e. District Administrators, Principals, Curriculum, etc.) in specified territories. The main objective is to sell Reading Plus web-based reading intervention solutions to elementary schools, middle schools, high schools and districts. Most interaction with prospective customers will be face-to-face, solutioning throughout the territory, following up on sales leads, delivering onsite presentations, and following up/reigning in purchase orders.
- Achieve defined sales objectives
- Maintain excellent customer satisfaction
- Channel customer feedback appropriately
- Pipeline and forecast management
- Communicate with sales team members appropriately
- Maintain and develop skills in the areas of product and industry knowledge
- Perform administrative responsibilities; reporting, customer database maintenance
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- 3 - 5 years of direct customer sales experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of consultative selling
- Experience selling educational technology solutions
- Relationships with significant educational decision-makers
- Deep understanding of educational issues, customer needs, and funding sources
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated experience conducting presentations to all levels, including senior management staff and senior level customers
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Competence in MS Office programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Proficient in Saleforce.com or similar CRM system
- Must be able to travel efficiently throughout the territory; must have valid driver’s license; must be willing to travel to customer sites in territory at least 3 days per week
Reading Plus is a growing EdTech company with a rich history of innovation. We're passionate about helping students become successful, lifelong readers. We offer an adaptive and personalized literacy improvement solution for grades 3-12. Validated by more than a decade of meticulous research, our unique program not only improves reading comprehension, but also dramatically increases a student's reading efficiency and motivation. Reading Plus offers a team-focused environment and an amazing employee culture of collaboration, innovation, transparency, and camaraderie. Headquartered in the charming town of Winooski, Vermont, just outside of Burlington, the office is a light filled, open creative space in an old mill building along the banks of the Winooski river.
Please mention that you come from GetRemotify when applying for this job.